Friday, July 22, 2011

Only a week left of camp??

I just finished the third week of camp!

It was a bit of a long week.  The kids were especially crazyyy.  One student, who is particularly adorable, is also particularly crazy. She actually told one student that she would get her dad to kill him because her father has no problem with killing.  Pretty terrible, and a sign of some problems!

But there are the good kids that make up for these issues!  One of my favorites is Jasson Alberto.  He is ADORABLE, and absolutely gives the best hugs. Have some sadness? He will hug it away.

Today was fun Friday, and so we played water games, basically throwing water all over each other and the students. Fabiola and Irma are (I believe our 7th grade?) helpers who are godsends!!! And Fabiola particularly loves to throw water all over me, which is also fantastic since it's so hot! And since I obviously don't care one bit about my appearance down here.

I'm going to be so confused when I leave Honduras. I'll be in Argentina, where it's winter (and therefore colldddddd!).  I won't be sweating all the time! I won't be in exercise clothes all the time! And I might care ever so slightly about my appearance (maybe?).  When I get back to the States, who knows what I'm going to do with all the air conditioning!  It will be weird to leave! And I only have one more week left in Honduras!

In just a bit, I'm going to play soccer, yay! I've been told that defense is my calling.

That's right, I'm super athletic.

No but seriously. Offense freaks me out. My self-analysis tells me that this is because I am spacially challenged. When someone passes me the ball, I don't know how to see where I am relative to all the people on my team and make something happen! It's stressful. Howeverrrr, on defense, I have no problem holding back and just running at the person with the ball. And I've been told I can kick pretty hard.

That's right, be impressed.

Tomorrow, we'll head to Lago de Yojoa.  Google it; there are some BEAUTIFUL pictures on google images. Maybe I'll be able to capture a few while I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment